Bizee Review (2023)
We might receive compensation from the companies whose products we review. The opinions here are our own.
Bizee is an online business services provider. They operate solely online, helping entrepreneurs obtain helpful services from the comfort of their own homes. Bizee specializes in new company formation. Basically, this means that they can help guide you through the process of starting a new business.
With Bizee, you can form a new LLC, corporation, or other business entity in your state. So far, they have helped form more than 500,000 new businesses. Bizee works directly with each US state to help start new businesses. Essentially, they are a middleman between you and your state’s business department.
- Fully online
- Quick application process
- Fast processing – as quick as next business day
- Very competitive pricing
- Options for LLC, S-corp, C-corp, and even nonprofit
- Choice of several packages to suit your needs
- Can help with ongoing filing requirements, including Annual Reports
- Bizee focuses on business formation – the selection of ongoing services is limited
- Partner offers mean that your data may be shared with partner companies
What does Bizee offer?
Bizee definitely focuses on the initial stages of starting a business. Their services are designed to help you form a new company. Beyond that, they do offer a limited number of ongoing services, as well as some special offers through their partner companies.
Bizee’s core business offering is business formation. You can get started with forming a new LLC, corporation, or even a nonprofit charity. All of this can be done in every state, since Bizee works directly with state officials throughout the country.
Many business formation services and incorporation services go beyond the initial formation process, helping entrepreneurs scale and grow their companies. Bizee offers some of these services, but the selection is more limited than some competitors like ZenBusiness, LegalZoom, etc.
Starting a business
- Simple online formation tools
- Start a C-Corp, S-Corp, Limited Liability Company (LLC), or nonprofit
- Business Name Availability Search lets you find a company name
- Get help obtaining tax forms, an Employer Identification Number (EIN), and more
- File your Articles of Incorporation, or Articles of Organization
- File your LLC operating agreement, banking resolution, etc.
- Bizee can serve as your Registered Agent, if necessary
- Help obtaining special permits and business licenses
Growing a business
- Ongoing Registered Agent service to handle correspondence
- Company Alerts to keep you on track with ongoing filing requirements
- Ongoing assistance with filing your Annual Report
- Templates for business contracts
- Partner offers for business bank accounts, business tax consultations with a tax professional, and more
How much does Bizee cost?
When you start a business, you’ll need to pay various fees to your state to obtain formation documents and business licenses. If you use a business formation service, like Bizee, you’ll usually pay a bit extra for the convenience of using the service.
Bizee has several formation packages to choose from:
Silver package – $0 + state fees
Bizee’s Silver Package is the cheapest way to form a new business. It costs nothing more than the normal state fees you must pay directly to the state.
- All basic features to get your business formed
- One full year of free Registered Agent services
- Special offers from partners
- Ongoing access to your incorporation documents online
Gold package – $149 + state fees
Bizee’s Gold Package adds valuable features like an EIN, lifetime company alerts, and much more.
- All features of the Silver plan
- Application for Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- LLC Operating Agreement
- Lifetime Company Alerts to keep you on track
- Lifetime phone support and email support
- Free business tax consultation
- Business bank account
Platinum package – $299 + state fees
Bizee’s Platinum Package gets you in business faster with expedited filing and adds useful marketing tools.
- All features of the Silver and Gold plans
- Expedited filing and processing speed
- Business domain name and business email address
- Optional tools to create a business website
- Business contract templates
- Much more
The pricing above is for first-year costs. Some packages may also have ongoing fees.
For instance, most plans include a free year of Registered Agents services. But after the first year, the service will renew at $119/year, unless you cancel it.
Other features may also have ongoing costs. Check your plan details to be sure.
Fortunately, there are no contracts with Bizee. You’re never locked into a package and are free to cancel at any time.
State filing fees
You’ll notice when using Bizee that there are two costs:
- Bizee’s own package fees
- State fees
Generally, small business formation is handled by the Secretary of State’s department. Bizee will charge you the state fees, but the money is redirected to your state. If you were to file directly with the state, you’d still owe these fees (although you’d save on Bizee’s package fees).
State fees can vary dramatically
Starting an LLC costs $300 in Texas, $200 in Washington, and only $75 in California while starting a corporation costs $50 in Colorado, $155 in Minnesota, and $725 in Nevada.
Fortunately, Bizee makes it very clear how much these state fees will cost. You’ll know upfront the total cost of your application, including state fees and Bizee’s own fees.
Some state fees are ongoing
You’ll likely need to renew your business license and other documents each year. Generally speaking, ongoing fees are substantially lower than the initial formation fees.
Does Bizee have good customer service?
Bizee offers ongoing support via both phone and email. Lifetime support is included in the Gold and Platinum packages. You will also get ongoing support, even with the free package, if you choose to keep Registered Agent services.
Bizee customer support agents are fairly helpful and are available during normal business hours to assist you.
In the end, it’s a good idea to do your own research before using any service for your business.
Is Bizee a good choice for your business?
Bizee offers many benefits for entrepreneurs. Perhaps the most important is cost savings: Bizee is one of the only free ways to form your new business. Their free Silver plan covers the basics and can help save you both time and money.
There are services that offer a wider range of features, but Bizee’s competitive pricing makes it a very popular choice.
- If you want low-cost services and a quick and easy way to form a new business, Bizee is a great option.
- If you want lots of ongoing services, help with legal documents, or advanced features, Bizee may not offer you as much as some competing services.
Find out how to start an LLC in your state
Click on the state below to get started